Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Good Evening


Dinner is over and I now have time to sit back and contemplate the happenings of the day with my feet up on the ottoman, the laptop propped on my lap and a good cigar smoldering in an ashtray next to me. I look forward to this moment when I can relax at the end of the day. Some evenings I use this time to play a little on-line poker at Pokerroom.com. Sometimes I use this time to watch Dog - The Bounty Hunter. I'm flexible.

Dog kicks ass.

It has been raining here for the last two days (off and on). Last night it was raining so hard it woke me up. We had hail, too. Sort of unusual for Phoenix, and certainly a nice change.

Dinner tonight was a nice New York strip, a baked potato and a bottle of wine that I bought from the Firestone winery in early August when we went on our "Sideways" trip. I bought 50 bottles of wine on that trip and I have 5 left....I like wine.

I don't like wine in the "I detect a slight flutter of edam cheese" way. I like wine that tastes good to me. I really don't feel the need to analyze why I like it if I like it any more than I need to analyze a song that I like. I like it because it feels good to me in some way. When I start analyzing why I like it, it becomes far too much work to be enjoyable.

Cigar, wine, rainy night, dinner with the wife and three kids (I now have 3 - our 20 year old, our 14 year old and my 16 year old nephew that is going to live with us from now on). It has been a pretty nice night. I do wonder why my 20 year old son is so uptight. Wonder where that came from?!?!

I went to physical therapy today at 3:00. My physical therapist is about 5'0" and probably weighs 98 pounds. Today she wrapped me up and popped my back. It probably looked like a chipmunk attacking a grizzly bear (a hairless grizzly bear?). I have been diagnosed with a compressed nerve between L5 and S1. All I know is that it hurts...but I didn't cry.

Good sharing with you. Write if you find work.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

I respect a man who cries.

7:43 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

I wish I could gain your respect, but I DIDN'T CRY!!!

11:50 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Thanks for the tip...I'll give it a try. I have never met a bottle of wine I couldn't finish.

1:08 PM, October 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

I respect a man who doesn't cry after he hits himself on the thumb with a hammer.

6:01 PM, October 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Ferrari vs lamborghini domain medication.com medication.com paxil paxil

3:35 AM, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Very nice site! » »

2:11 PM, February 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP used motorcyle tail lights for suzuki street bikes Math skills required for accounting Resmed passover humidifier Green brier hotel mercedes 450sl gas tank kitchen table Latest news paxil side effects bitter sweet symphony ringtone for nokia 6030 Subaru accesories mortgage rates Zyrtec breast brownish-gray vaginal discharge with use of effexor tatoo removal kitsap county Market watch toronto car collector company insurance Super beetle body kits William winter scholarship H3 hummer concept Nasioc car audio video amp security Advisor charcoal financial

5:23 PM, February 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

This is very interesting site... 1990 toyota corolla parts http://www.prostatecancer6.info/lyricrouletterussian.html http://www.moving-shoes.info/oakley-mtb-pack-backpack.html Motels in berlin nj new jersey walmarts and tax relief for communities alternative minimum tax rate Online graduate program in education riverside treasurer tax sale shirts 17 Patty james cooking school drawing contest for amateur artists free divorce papers in georgia Effexor and allegra Socket compact flash Euro-pro jet power washer dirty fat feet sex faconnable perfume guaranteed tax refund next day Recreation boating boatbuilding Tracking my tax return

5:54 PM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home