Friday, November 04, 2005

BLOGs OF NOTE UPDATE


If you will look way over to the right, you will see that I have a series of BLOGS OF NOTE that I believe merit your attention from time to time. I have perused several of the BLOGS OF NOTE that are promoted by The Man (aka Google) and have found them lacking in style, taste and entertainment value. Accordingly, I have put together my own list which I believe would hold up against the Google list any day.

From time to time, you will notice changes in this list. Just because you have made the Flamingo1 Blogs of Note list does not mean that you will necessarily remain there. It all depends on whether you keep me amused. If I find your postings amusing, you stay...if you do not post regularly or if your material becomes stale, you are gone.

Whether you know it or admit it, each and every one of you have been placed on this earth for my personal entertainment. Now perform!

A good example is the BLAH, BLAH, BLAH Harrison site
(Blah, Blah, Blah Harrison). Several days ago, I read a post about rodeo clowning that I found amusing...thus I added his blog to the Flamingo1 Blogs of Note list. He hasn't posted in several days and, quite honestly, his responses to comments left on his blog have been lackluster and evidence the possibilty that he doesn't really "get it." I am giving him two more days to rectify this situation or the result will be extermination of his link. I have that kind of power.

Since I also author the Poop On Rosenblatt blog
(Poop On Rosenblatt), obviously that blog will remain a blog of note until I tire of pooping on Rosenblatt. Since Rosenblatt is generally a tool, this will not likely happen within the next calendar year.

I welcome your suggestions. If you happen to stumble across a Blog that contains material which you think might amuse me, please feel free to make a suggestion. I shall be the ultimate arbiter of whether the blog makes the grade, but your opinion matters to me - matters may be a strong term - I find your opinions interesting in an academic or clinical sense and will use my analysis of your opinion to determine whether or not I think you are amusing or just an idiot.

Now get busy entertaining me!

Flamingo1

21 Comments:

Blogger garrett provided this enlightening comment...

You are looking for *amusing* blogs? Or can a blog also make your list by being *interesting*?

2:47 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Chris provided this enlightening comment...

How about blogs that try hard to be interesting or funny, but ultimately fail miserably?

2:58 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

*interesting* blogs may also be *amusing* blogs...but only if I think they are *interesting*.

Chris - I regularly visit the Last Boy In Des Moines site and your site, while it tries hard to be interesting or funny but ultimately fails miserably is scheduled to be added. It is only through my negligence that it has not been added already.

3:10 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

It has now been added to Blogs of Note. You and your wife may celebrate this evening in any manner you choose.

How is Des Moines? I lived there for several years...actually in Urbandale, but who's counting?

3:18 PM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Flamingo - you are putting too many blogs on your blogs of note list. It looks to me like you are putting every blog you find on there. Please be more discriminating. There is no way that you have found 15 blogs or so in the past few weeks that are worth reading. Come on, man.

If you're going to have a list, don't be afraid to hurt feelings.

Sissy.

3:21 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Will you add Linda Maloney to your Blogs of note?

Have you gone to Genet's site? He's at www.youcoulduseme.blogspot.com

He's very funny and... well... like I said he's Dionysius, but better.

Have a good weekend.

I'm going to the LCBO and grabbing a bottle of wine. Wish me luck on my selection. Oh, what am I saying, I don't need any luck selecting a bottle of wine. I have perfect taste. The bottle will be good and just where I want it and need it most...

get those thoughts out of your head, I'm not Linda Maloney!

3:22 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Erin O'Brien provided this enlightening comment...

How about blogs that outline the pathetic sexual fantasies of a middle aged housewife who really wants to ... er, nevermind.

3:30 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Velvet Fog provided this enlightening comment...

Psychic,

That's nothing a night with the shlonger wouldn't cure....

Once you've had a Polynesian cartographer you never go back.

3:30 PM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Fellatio.

3:31 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

I'm not sure who one tough summbitch is...but I assure you that the blogs on my Blogs of Note are solid entertainment. I am not afraid of hurting feelings and will trim the dull and dimwitted when I deem appropriate. You may not understand the nuances that make any individual Blog of Note noteworthy - I wouldn't expect you to as your palate is not as distinguished as mine - but I assure you the entertainment value is there with each one of them.

Cuts will begin soon - so each of you may want to work extra hard to stay on the list.

3:36 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Erin - I think you have hit on one of my favorite niches. Keep up the solid work.

3:37 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Dongley Shlongford, wouldn't it be more romantic if you could sketch naked bodies? Maybe then would I consider a night with the shlonger, maybe then.

3:42 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Yeah, at least sketch Florida for heaven's sake!!!

3:48 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Velvet Fog provided this enlightening comment...

Florida is not a polynesian island chain. You bunch of savages.

It takes a sophisticated woman to appreciate Polynesian cartography.

4:49 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Drea provided this enlightening comment...

Much better title :-D

7:42 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger crallspace provided this enlightening comment...

So, let's assume that Drea was ugly (and I don't think she is, plus I'm married to a hot lil South American anyway)... would you still link to her blog? I mean, pretend she was a fat chick, but wrote about the same stuff, and always talked about her kid. (not that that's bad for a mom to do)

I'll keep my eye on this blog to gauge my progress. Thanks for the initial plug.

I love your laying down the law. Well put.

9:06 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Drea provided this enlightening comment...

Yea you people shouldn't like me because Im cute. Although I struggle w/ selfasteem a lot. Had a hard time in my early teens with weight. So technically im a former chunky chick. :-\ Not a fun time.
I'm a work out-a-holic and food-natzi now because of those times...
Glad I have a very sweet husband who makes me feel like a queen! :-D

9:12 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Crall, I originally linked to the site due to the Wal-Mart/Christianity topic. It would not have mattered whether a picture was posted...but now it doesn't hurt. I hope you weren't insulted by the statement that she is hotter than you because you are very hot too. I just prefer dark hair. My wife has very dark brown hair also...that's how I roll.

7:23 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger crallspace provided this enlightening comment...

OH... well that explains the link to ~Mike.

I wasn't offended by your mention of her being hotter than me... I agreed.

8:35 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Mike has continued to entertain me because he is a buzzkill. Every group I have ever hung out with always had at least one buzzkill. By keeping Mike around, I can be certain that I am not "that" guy.

8:42 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Drea provided this enlightening comment...

Awe...it hurt Cral's feelings.. ~_~ phew imagine how I felt when Omar yelled at me.

But no Cral your not an ugly person.

6:50 AM, November 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home