Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Holiday Times Have Been Busy Times


I have been horribly delinquent in making blog entries. The holidays have sapped every ounce of strength I possess - not to mention most of the dollars that I used to possess.

Accordingly, I have opted NOT to become Erin's soul mate. I took the cash equivalent of the Mini-Cooper lease. I had to make the following decision...

1. Take a Mini-Cooper for two years, pay significantly more insurance, tax, title, etc. and then give it back. OR
2. Take cash and keep it forever.

I liked the second option better. It didn't cost me anything except the use of a car...I have a car.

Not only did I have to survive Christmas (including the luxurious trip to Cedar Rapids), New Years and all of the craziness surrounding these holidays, but it was also my wife's 40th birthday on January 1!

We celebrated, but we kept it small. Instead we decided that we would celebrate BIG in March. I haven't decided exactly how to celebrate it yet, but I have a few ideas!!

If you have any good ideas, I welcome your input. I am still thinking about one of those 4 day Baja Mexico cruises - Los Angeles, Catalina Island, Ensenada Mexico and then Back to Los Angeles.
I think she would like that.

Anyway, life is beginning to return to normal. Holidays are behind us. Tax time is quickly coming upon us.


BY THE WAY - I JUST WANT TO MENTION THAT THE IOWA HAWKEYES GOT COMPLETELY SCREWED BY THE REFEREES IN THE OUTBACK BOWL ON MONDAY!!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

You are a good husband Pinky. A good husband.

Take her to Europe and pack me in your luggage. I would fit. You can hide me under the bed and I'll only come out when you tell me to.

Honk Honk.

3:04 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

I'm going to quit my job... as soon as I find a new one. I have submitted my resume to some pretty cool companies.

I've been working here for nearly 2 years and I make a pathetic salary. Seriously, I do. If I told you what I make, you would either cry or never want to talk to me again. And you thought Drea and Toilet were stupid...

3:07 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

I'm curious about what your honest advice would be. Perhaps tomorrow I'll tell you a little more and you can tell me either how stupid I truly am, or what I should do.

3:09 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Erin O'Brien provided this enlightening comment...

Oh Flamingo,

I mourn the unborn joys of you and your would-be Mini. But these are the decisions of life ...

Happy BDay to Mrs. Flamingo. I turned 40 in 2005 and can't quite recall my gift. What matter? I'm still standing.

3:46 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

I turned 40 in 2004...41 in 2005....damn I am old. They had a surprise birthday party for my 40th...including a "Pizza Delivery Girl." It was humiliating yet memorable.

4:18 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger garrett provided this enlightening comment...

That's not as old as I thought you were, buddy! Congratulations.

6:07 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Pinky, you are at a fresh and ripe age for me.

Yes, happy birthday to pretty in pink.

8:46 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

I would pay psychic dumb-dumb to think through what she would like to comment and put it on one comment post thingy, instead of two or four she uses. Like a min ute apart.

That said, I think you should bring your wife here and we can have a three way. I will even hold my nut sack up and out of the way so it doesn't touch yours, because that would be like really weird.

Or not. I think that cruise sounds like fun.

8:48 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

I would pay for the prostitue who would fuck Badgod. Oh, wait, my salary wouldn't cover it.

8:51 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Jay Noel provided this enlightening comment...

Whoa...

Um, anyways...you can't go wrong with a cruise, as long as you don't get food poisoning.

Nothing ruins a great vacation like getting diarrhea.

8:54 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger HighMaintenanceHussy provided this enlightening comment...

Yeah, take her to Europe, and bring dumb-dumb with you. Oh the deviant fun we will enjoy.

9:55 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Erin O'Brien provided this enlightening comment...

Er, careful there Flamingo. You're only one year older than me and I'm not quite ready to pick out a burial site just yet.

Remember: no one is going backwards.

9:58 AM, January 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Where did you find it? Interesting read cholesterol meeting in new york Finn eagle model 250 ... http://www.vela-home-srl.info challenger t26b circuit breakers compliance for registered investment advisor tattoo removal in charlotte nc lower cholesterol with herbal Aphrodite skin care products Home marthas rental vacation vineyard Jamie and barrington and milf Trouble shoot hot water tank filter per marketing click pay promotion ppc strategy 1990 chevrolet astro radiator Good cheap furniture one cholesterol Imagenes de pamela anderson y tommy lee Chubby mature mom boys Design hosting site trowbridge web

4:29 PM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home