Saturday, February 11, 2006

Clean-up and Getting Back to My Blog Roots


I am truly flattered by Crabcake's wonderful referral to my blog. The most flattering part of her comments was her statement that the materials here get her worked up and passionate about a topic one day and make her laugh the next. I started this whole blogging thing because I wanted to express myself in a creative way - I wanted the freedom to write about whatever I wanted to at that precise moment that I want to do it.

On some occasions, I have been worked up and passionate about something when I made an entry. On other occasions, I was amused by something that I wanted to share. Sometimes, I was just drunk. Crabcake's brief commentary about my blog delighted me because it (at least partially) confirmed my hope that you were sharing in this entertaining experience with me. Unfortunately for you, you could not share the experience when I was drunk, but I hope the rest was not lost in translation.

When Crabcake informed me that she was going to feature my blog as one of her top two, I laughed, I cried, I bought myself a Hallmark card that captured the moment, prepared an acceptance speech thanking those that helped me along the way (Garrett, Complete Game, Erin, PDD) and then responded that I would have to clean the place up in preparation for all of the new visitors that I was going to be getting. I wasn't able to do that until this morning because I was drunk last night - that's how I roll. I have now cleaned up the joint. The changes were subtle but necessary. I will point out that I have removed a couple of dead links from "Blogs of Note" and have added some new ones.

As Elton John once said, "the New York Times said God is dead." In this instance it is not God, but Jesus. The Jesus folks, as I predicted they would came and went like a comet - in a blaze of glory. It was bawdy, offensive fun while it lasted. Satan, on the other hand continues his recruiting efforts, although without the Jesus component, the question remains as to whether Satan will have the material to survive. Good needs Evil and Evil needs Good - otherwise it just may not work.

I also stopped whoring for the man. I deleted the link to Google News. It isn't like Google needs more publicity!

The additions were two - Crabcake gets an automatic bid for completely sucking up to me. You know how I love that! Pandering will be rewarded.

I also added Satan's ex-girlfriend, Shannon for a couple of reasons. First, she has been stopping by commenting from time to time, thus meriting some consideration. Second, Shannon posts some interesting questions on her blog such as, "Would you sleep with one of your husband's/wife's friends" and I love that kind of shit. Finally, Satan has pretty damn good taste - she is cute (and she doesn't preach to me like prior cute chicks)!

Cleanup is complete; on to the meat of this post:


I Love Westerns.

I love John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies. Every Saturday and Sunday, my family sleeps in. I have to pee around 7:30a.m. because I have become an old man, but I don't mind. I get up do my business and head downstairs to the big screen TV that occupies my family room. I bought it when I moved into this house in 2001 and I have loved that 52" bitch from the moment they delivered her.

The Duke and Clint kick ass on the big screen.

I love John Wayne's western characters. Without reservation I can say that the image of John Wayne is a significant force in my life. He represents honesty, integrity and unwavering loyalty. He is tough and hard, but he is pure good. John Wayne always made the right choice - even when he knew it may be the more difficult choice. John Wayne is the ideal. I want to be like John Wayne.


I have read several books about John Wayne. He was human, but all those who knew him said that he tried to live his life in the same manner as his on-screen image. He was very politically conservative and outspoken against communism - which gave him somewhat of a reputation in a very liberal Hollywood. He remained true to his ideals - whether you agreed with his ideals was your problem - but I understand that he never denied anyone's right to disagree with him. On one occasion in 1974, during the height of the Vietnam War, he spoke in front of a hostile crowd at Harvard. The crowd was well aware of his support for the war and hit him hard. He remained true to his ideals, listened to what they had to say, responded with his own opinions and ended the night with a standing ovation from those same students who had been prepared to string him up.

I won't use the word "unfortunately here, but I am more like Clint Eastwood. Clint's cowboy characters represent more of the common man. He knows right from wrong but doesn't always choose the "right" path to get there. Often, he is driven by his own self-interest but ends up helping those in need and protecting the weak or helpless. Watch "Fist Full of Dollars" this theme is clearly embodied there (see also: High Plains Drifter and the Outlaw Josey Wales).

Emulating my image of John Wayne is very difficult. What will be more easily accomplished is following in his footsteps. John Wayne spent a lot of time in various parts of Arizona, and I intend to combine my penchant for tourism, my love for my motorcycle (FLMG1) and my affinity for Western film over the course of the next few months - including photographs.

I intend to draft an article to submit to Arizona Highways magazine upon completion of my quest. It was just this sort of inspiration that brought me here to blogland in the first place and now I intend to press it to the next level.

With that, I ride off into the Arizona sunset....

46 Comments:

Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

A little Clint-trivia! (or clinivia, but that sounds like penis cancer.)

Did you know that Clint hated smoking the cigars in his spaghetti westerns? He would replace the cigar wiht a shorter one between scenes to make it look like he was smoking it!

Yes, I am pathetic.

1:45 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

You are not pathetic; you are one of my kind of people. Well, I guess there is a chance that we are both pathetic.

I like a good cigar now and then and was actually looking for some like Clint smoked in the spaghetti westerns. No luck so far, but I am going to keep looking.

1:52 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Are you suggesting that you and Satan are still dating?

2:10 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger jungle jane provided this enlightening comment...

Hang on! i thought i was dating Satan behind Sausage's back?

Flamingo you are terribly wise. please do tell us all why they are called spaghetti westerns? is spaghetti heavily featured in any of them?

3:28 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger Bloodgood provided this enlightening comment...

It seems you are becoming the Howard Stern of blog land. I dont think you have any haters like he does, but after having seen his movie Private Parts your motivations for speaking your mind and not holding back are similar. Your intrests also draw a comparison. News + Boobies + funny shit + boobies = Flamingo's blog. I love every second of it.
Flamingo, YOU MAKE MY DAY!

5:31 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger drunkbh provided this enlightening comment...

I prefer Clint Eastwood over John Wayne. The fact that he was hot has nothing to do with it....Well, maybe a little.

High Plains Drifter was definitely his best.

5:40 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Badgod, cigars and cigarettes are always replaced with shorter ones throughout a scene that requires cigars and cigarettes. They do this for continuity purposes.

The time it takes to shoot an actors small piece of dialogue for one scene for a feature film is longer than smoking a pack of cigarettes.

5:59 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Pinky, you are as beautiful as the Arizona sunset...

6:29 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger Nobody provided this enlightening comment...

You're a hot bitch. You know it. You know we are all Stalkeratzi for you!

So Mingo... if I do a tribute and stroke your dick on my blog... do I earn your adoration also?

8:29 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Shannon - Satan isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, that's for sure.

Jungle Jane - they are called spaghetti westerns because they were filmed in Italy, using many Italian actors and were directed by Sergio Leone. Sergio is a genius...if only he could have gotten the dubbing a little better.

Bloodgood - thanks. I think.

Drunkbh - now I know why I love you. High Plains Drifter is awesome. So many people just don't get it. I won't bore you with my analysis of the film, but it was great on so many levels!

PDD - Awww...gawsh. I am blushing.

Nowhere Girl - If you stroke my dick on your blog, my tongue will loll out of the side of my mouth and I will roll over on my back with my legs in the air with my full love and adoration fully exposed to the world. Although that isn't necessary. You already have my adoration. I read your blog every day - religiously. I worship at the church of Nowhere Girl. Now if I could just kneel at your altar...

9:47 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

Hey dumb dumb- The point I was trying to make is that he hated smoking the cigars. I am not a moron. If you notice, he doesn't even take a drag on 'em unless he is lighting one up.

8:32 AM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

I understand the whole movie making thing. I forgot that you are from Canada. I will type slower next time.

8:34 AM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

I wrote a touching farewell to BlogSnob on his blog.

I hope he learned his lesson.

8:59 AM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Badgod, I am Clint Eastwood, and yes, I smoke cigars. Don't listen to what the tabloids say. They are always wrong.

I never said you were a moron. I just thought your comment was a perfect opportunity to show that, I, Clint Eastwood, understands behind the scenes of filmmaking and not just acting in front of the camera. Yes, I am glamorous. And I will live longer than you will. My mother is nearly a hundred years old, it's in my genes.

You don't have to type slower next time. I am not from Canada. I am Clint Eastwood.

1:00 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger Bloodgood provided this enlightening comment...

Flamingo, I totally was trying to boost your ego. I love reading your posts, they are ten times more clever than the crap I can come up. I like Howard Stern, if can you get past the fluff.
Peace
My brother from another Mother

1:05 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Pinky,
We all want to see a picture of you wearing the popcorn boxers.

1:26 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger Crabby provided this enlightening comment...

I'm honored to be among your blogs of note.

You deserved the review at the cowpie field. So no thanks necessary.

John Wayne, my very first love. I was so crushed when I heard he'd died. I have every John Wayne movie ever made and the same with Clint.

No sleep last night so I'm getting off here now to zone out till the brain de-mushes.

3:49 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger garrett provided this enlightening comment...

Congratulations, pilgrim! You deserve it.

7:52 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

You, Dumb Dumb, are NOT Clint Eastwood!

Just becasue you are ashamed to be Canadian is no reason to lie to me. You're not lying just to me, but also yourself. You see, someday when we invade Canada, it'll all be ok.

I do enjoy me some Red Green, so you got that going for ya, eh?

2:30 AM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

I am Clint Eastwood. Honest! Ask Pinky.

Pinky, aren't I Clint Eastwood?!

I am not ashamed to be Canadian. I am not Canadian. I am Clint Eastwood!

I do not lie to you. I do not lie to myself. And invasion of Canada is just silly. What's the point? Clint Eastwood sees no point.

7:04 AM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Jay Noel provided this enlightening comment...

"Fist Full of Dollars" is a great movie, the first Western I watched.

Your blog is great - I like the variety of topics you write about. It's like a box of chocolates.

7:34 AM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

PDD is the Canadian Clint Eastwood - which means some sort of hybrid between Clint Eastwood and Red Green...but worth only $.8651 per U.S. Clint.

Badgod, I sort of liked Blogsnob and his snotty little commentary on the quality of blogging occuring. He will be missed.

I totally got your point on the whole cigar thing. Clint hated em. But they were so cool!!!

Phoenix, thanks for the kind words..but giving me the Nowhere Girl treatment isn't going to help you since I already have you linked on Blogs of Note and since you are on hiatus.

Garrett, thanks!

Bloodgood...I know you were being nice. I used to listen to Howard Stern too. He was funny and crude. Am I that crude??? (crossing fingers that answer is yes).

9:25 AM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Clint didn't hate em. I am Clint. I am telling you, Clint didn't hate em!

9:37 AM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger DorianGray1854 provided this enlightening comment...

You see, in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

12:38 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

That, my friend, is from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Now what name was on the grave where the gold was buried?

12:50 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Oscar Wilde.

1:18 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Pinky, please read Genet's post for Monday February 13, 2006.

Everyone else is welcome too.

I think it should appear in the New York Times.

1:20 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger DorianGray1854 provided this enlightening comment...

"Arch Stanton"

1:23 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Arch Stanton would be an excellent guess...but I asked the name of the grave where the gold was BURIED, not the name of the grave where they were digging to begin with.

PDD - I read Genet's post and laughed. It was fantastic. I am now considering a post about what I had for lunch.

Oscar Wilde was also incorrect. You do not have enough money left to enter the Final Jeopardy round, so we will give you some lovely parting gifts for playing.

1:32 PM, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

I call shenanigans Flamingo. It is a trick question. The gold was in the unmarked grave next to Arch Stanton. Thus there was no name on the grave where the gold was found.

1:49 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

I am impressed Kagemusha. Did you research that on the web or did you possess that trivial knowledge?

This movie makes the point I alluded to in my post - Clint ends up doing the right thing - shooting the rope so that Tuco doesn't hang - John Wayne wouldn't have put him in the noose to begin with...unless he meant to hang him.

2:19 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger ing provided this enlightening comment...

What up, bird?

Unforgiven. I liked that one, and I think Clint is a quiet genius. But ouch, isn't he a Republican?

2:40 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

I think this correspondence is growing into Evil Dead Part 17.

Or would Fright Night part 4 hold more quality?

2:50 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Ing, what up you?

I love Unforgiven. I don't remember what Oscars that movie won, but it deserved a bunch. That was such a great role for an aging Clint Eastwood. No one could have played that better.

Yes, I believe he is a republican and the former mayor of Carmel.

Not all Republicans are bad...just the one's running the country.

The only bad movie ever made by Clint - Heartbreak Ridge. Peeeeeuuuuuwwwwww!!!!

2:56 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Crabby provided this enlightening comment...

We don't talk about Heartbreak Ridge around these parts, pardner. Some things are best left buried.

Million dollar baby though, now that was a masterpiece.

Since I'm an old gal I've been watching Clint do one thing or another since Rawhide and seems like everything he does, he does well.

We just watched 2 of the Dirty Harry's the other night. I watch them when I want to get back on top of my game. Damn but there were some kickin lines in there. Did you know that der Arnold said Dirty Harry was the role model for every action hero that came after. He set a whole new standard.

3:13 PM, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

I did not have to look it up Flamingo. As you know, I have more useless stuff in my head than the entire staff of the Theoretical Physics Department of ITT Tech.

I disagree with your assertion that the only bad movie Clint ever made was "Heartbreak Ridge."

"The Bridges of Madison County." I rest my case.

3:18 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Wasn't that the one where Shirley McClain dressed up like a nun and they blew up the train at the end?

I didn't realize that train bridge was in Madison County. What a good movie that was - nun prostitutes and exploding train tracks.

I have actually been to the Bridges of Madison County as they are in Iowa only a few miles away from Des Moines. They would not let me blow any of them up.

4:39 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Jay Noel provided this enlightening comment...

I'm not on hiatus anymore...I came out of hiding this morning.

7:26 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger ing provided this enlightening comment...

Bird:

Nothing's up me at the moment. High colonics. It's a Northern California thing. Plus some chakra tonics for good measure.

I forgot to mention a couple of things. First, I am always drunk, so I feel you, bird. Second, I think Satan will survive if he forgets that sibling rivalry thing he's got going.

That's it. I'm pouring a beer in the birdbath, just for you.

10:25 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger DorianGray1854 provided this enlightening comment...

The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! for IOWA,
Let every loyal Iowan sing;
The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! for IOWA,"
Until the walls and rafters ring (Go Hawks!)
Come on and cheer, cheer, cheer, for IOWA
Come on and cheer until you hear the final gun.
The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! for IOWA,"
Until the game is won

8:22 AM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Roximoon, why are you miffed? Are you seeking a position on Blogs of Note? Trust me...that day is coming. There is more maintenance yet to be done and I visit you frequently.

I am not a very sensitive guy and I noticed from reading your blog that you have a lot going on right now. I have never commented because I am not sure what to say (and anything I said would be trite, useless and of no real value to you)...but I feel for you.

I mean it,

Flamingo1

11:20 AM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

You are a sensitive bird, pinky.

2:24 PM, February 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

MESSAGE

10:20 PM, February 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

MESSAGE

2:16 PM, February 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Hi there!
My 14-year-old sister Megan came bounding into the kitchen wearing her black bikini. I had little time to react before she jumped up and wrapped her arms and legs around me. She squealed loudly in my ear and I had to grab onto the counter to keep from falling over.
… I leaned down over her body and licked along her nipples once gain. I slowly dragged my tongue down her stomach and tickled her sides. She giggled and I laughed too. My sweet baby sis, still so ticklish. My sweet baby sis, who I was about to make love to.
I love lolitas !! and sex :)
Young lolita it is a best !!!
__________________
http://www.xxx-01.com - New Teen Tgp Site! Visit it and have fun! Enjoy it!
http://www.xxx-01.com/index1.html - Free Pics
I am not kidding) xxx-01.com - is super hot )

7:45 PM, February 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

MESSAGE

6:27 AM, March 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home