Sunday, February 05, 2006

I Can't Wait To Get Back To Work - I Need The Rest


I am pooped.

First of all, I would have updated sooner, but Blogger blew this weekend. Friday night and all day Saturday, I apparently wasn't authorized to visit my own blog. For a while I was wondering whether my blog had been seized under the powers of the Patriot Act due to my negative comments about the blatant violation of the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution...but then I decided that was just silly and determined that it must simply be the blogger system acting up.

I am glad it is over whatever the cause. I barely averted numerous blogger-withdrawal related panic attacks.

We have a house full of people this weekend. I worked a full day on Friday and then headed home. Marquez' (the Pool Boy) mother was due to arrive at about 6:00. The airline industry being as reliable as always, she arrived at 9:00. We had a few drinks and headed to bed by 11:00. My second son, Rod also surprised us with a visit this weekend. We are always delighted to have Rod come home from the U of A to stay with us.

Saturday morning we headed out to the FBR Open. It is a PGA Event (professional golf for those of you who still don't know what I am talking about. We walked the course from about 10:00 a.m. until 2:30. I wore my stylish man sandals and ended up with blisters to show for my stunning appearance. They would not allow cameras in, so I cannot share any photos of that with you other than this....

It was a typically beautiful Arizona day. I am slightly sunburned as a result. There were approximately 168,000 people in attendance on Saturday - including the seven of us.

For most people that would have been a full day. But by now you know that I am superhuman. Home by three, nod off for an hour in a chair, up by 4, shower by 5 and on the road by 5:30 to watch the Phoenix Suns pound the snot out of the Chicago Bulls.

I did take these pictures:




My niece (Marquez the Pool Boy's sister), Kiki, arrived at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday. Marquez (the Pool Boy) and I watched a great ball game and raced home to see her. We saw her at Christmas, but before that we hadn't seen her for some time.

So we hung out for a while...and then then head to be relatively early because it is back to Nogales, Mexico on Sunday morning!


While the women-folk shopped for knock-off Louis Vuitton purses, Marquez (the Pool Boy) and I set out to find Marquez (the Pool Boy) his own western style.

Look out Clint Eastwood because this is good, bad and ugly all rolled into one damn funny but slightly twisted kid.


We weren't going to have our picture taken with the donkey again, but according to its owner it was George's birthday. So consider this George's birthday photo. I think I may have eaten George's brother for lunch. I suspect that he wasn't quite as photogenic as George.

Marquez (the Pool Boy) hand feeding an ostrich.

They are still mean bastards.

Niece (Kiki) and daughter feeding the deer.

Posing in front of the warning sign is funny one more time - but mostly because Marquez (the Pool Boy) looks nervous while the ladies have no fear at all.

THEN when we arrived at home, a battle Royale between El Alto (in the white) and The Mauler Marquez (the Pool Boy) broke out right in the middle of rat play time. It was a tough and bloody battle...
But in the end, we were still friends.


Someday, I will share with you the story of how my wrestling name became El Alto, but I am far too tired tonight. We will leave it for some other time.

I bought a bottle of tequila in Mexico. Who wants a shot?

20 Comments:

Blogger Nobody provided this enlightening comment...

he he he

I am SO fucking JEALOUS. I would have paid to participate in your Wacky Weekend adventures. Looks like a blast. That wrestling mask, by the way, could be kinky ;)

7:30 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

I like the way you think NWG.

We had another great time this weekend. But it is going to take me all week to recover.

7:41 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

If Pinky likes the way NWG thinks, then I would have to say I like the way you both think.

NWG you just got me started.

Pinky, I think you have sexy legs.

8:26 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Bloodgood provided this enlightening comment...

Great Pics! Tell Kiki and her mom hi! I havent seen them in 2+years. Did you shoot video of the Ostrich this time?

8:56 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

No video this time either. My video camera isn't "digital" and I wouldn't know how to get it into a useable format.

9:07 AM, February 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

If your computer has a video capture card you can use that. If not, step into the 21st century or go the way of the dodo. It's your choice Flamingo.

9:46 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Pinky, I want you to feed me like the way Marquez the pool boy feeds the ostrich.

10:15 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Fog - HAH!! That is great. We gave him such a load of crap about his Heinrich hair that he let his sister cut it last night.

Good call on the hair!

Kegemusha, please return to playing with your lightsaber in your backyard. I have way too much of a life to spend it trying to figure out if I have a video capture card so that I can post a picture of a stupid ostrich attacking some grain.

If I had footage of you doing battle with an ostrich using your light sabre, then I would consider figuring it out.

PDD, do you like corn and unidentifiable feed pellets? Promise not to bite? If the answer to both questions is yes, I will feed you like that.

10:56 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

I completely forgot to say I DO!

While I can definitely say YES to the corn and unidentifiable feed pellets (I think I can identify the pellets), I can't promise not to bite. I don't know how I would be able to control myself with that corn and pellets you propose to feed me.

12:34 PM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger MsAmber provided this enlightening comment...

No tequila for me senor.
Gracias.
and
What's the big deal about Louis Vuitton purses anyway?
They aren't unique amongst purses by any means.
I have a big pink furbag purse that everybody loves to pet.
It can even double as a pillow if I want to take a nap.
Now THAT's functionality.
MsAmber

3:50 PM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger DorianGray1854 provided this enlightening comment...

It looks like a fun time you should bring yer masks with ya next time you come back to iowa.

4:15 PM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Shannon, I need another weekend to recover from my weekend.

MsAmber, I am on board with you regarding the Louis Vuitton purses. I just don't get it nor do I want to. Instead, Marquez and I shopped for bullwhips and tequila. Much more productive in my opinion.

Dorian, I am so glad you are still alive. Nice to hear from you! By the way, I am headed home from work shortly to throw some steaks on the grill...mmmmm meat.

4:44 PM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

We need a barbeque. Last summer we cooked burgers in the oven.

Why are wrestling masks my new fantasy?

7:10 AM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Bloodgood provided this enlightening comment...

I want to come visit in May(if I can fund it) and damn it if we aren't going to Mexico!!!

9:59 AM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger crallspace provided this enlightening comment...

We couldn't load your blog this weekend, and guess what Jim blamed it on... Oregon... yeah, just like he blamed our road system for him getting lost. Not paying attention to the signs couldn't have been the reason.

Looks like fun, but sporting events get tiresome after a while. Ostriches aren't getting any food from me. Just a mean stare.

11:33 AM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Roximoon, we did indeed go to the Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch on 1-10...and fed those mean bastards again.

The golf tournament was on the Scottsdale TPC Stadium Course. They have it every year on the same weekend as the Superbowl.

It is really just an excuse for 100,000+ people to get drunk.

I spent about 20 minutes at the 16th hole and the crowd was doing the wave. A golf crowd doing the wave - amazing. Now I have seen everything.

1:41 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger jungle jane provided this enlightening comment...

i want a family too! i tried getting my cats to go to the ball game with me but they elected to stay home and sleep. stoopid cats...

5:18 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Awesome Jim provided this enlightening comment...

You lucky bastard. I wish I could go to Mexico whenever I wanted. Enjoy your lovely little corner of the country. I'm back to the cold.

11:50 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

You people are all lucky. You are American's remember?

12:30 PM, February 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Willingly I accept. In my opinion, it is an interesting question, I will take part in discussion. Together we can come to a right answer. I am assured.

11:07 AM, October 13, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home