Saturday, November 05, 2005

On Being a Major Buzzkill


Just kidding, ~Mike, I am not going to write an entire post defaming you - I have important stuff to accomplish here.

I really wanted to point out that the first BLOG OF NOTE adjustment took place this evening. Blah, Blah, Blah Harrison hadn't posted for some time and his responses lacked the sort of enthusiasm that I really expect out of each of you. Agree with me, disagree with me, hate me, love me, but for heaven's sake, have a little passion about life once in a while.

Blah, Blah - you are now dead to me.

Badgod is Blah, Blah's replacement. I will note that Crallspace has been visiting Badgod from time to time and failed to point us in his direction. I think it has sort of been Crall's own naughty little secret. Hope I didn't ruin it for you, Crall!

MOVING ALONG....

RELIGION AND POLITICS

Several of you may be aware that I have recently gone through some serious life changing events. During the course of the last two weeks, I have become a devout Libertarian as well as a Viking (including the adoption of polytheistic Norse religion - Forn Sidr). I guess this sort of thing happens when you reach your mid-life crisis. Especially when you can't afford the obligatory sports car.

My back continues to be a problem - physical therapy twice a week has allowed me to walk erect again, but not without pain. I am praying to Eir for this to pass - however, in addition to the prayers and the physical therapy, I may be required to sacrifice a goat. As a direct result of the back problem, I have not yet had the opportunity to go door-to-door handing out pamphlets so that others can know the wonders of the power of Odin. I look forward to knocking on the door of my first Jehovah's Witness in a major twist of irony.

Until I have the pamphlets and magazines printed, I invite you to visit this site
Forn Sidr. The ability to read Danish would be a significant plus; through true faith and devotion, I will endeavor to persevere. Nevertheless, since I do not speak Danish, I have selected an English title for our publication - The Valhalla Picayune and World Herald - as I believe this will appeal more to the masses that might fall for this sort of thing.

As a Libertarian, I am a strong believer in small government. I intend to become very active in resisting both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party from further expanding the reach of Big Brother and the heavy burden of taxation placed upon the common working man to keep this behemoth moving. The old fashioned Viking approach of raping and pillaging villages and towns will be extremely helpful in accomplishing this Libertarian platform. Look for our longboats in your harbor soon!

As always, I welcome your opinions and insight (except from Mike who will likely leave a comment that will ultimately kill my buzz
and I will have to resort to buying the sports car after all).

15 Comments:

Blogger Erin O'Brien provided this enlightening comment...

1. Two points for the non-sexual usage of "erect." (At least that's what I thought you meant. If you are walking erect in another sense, do you do so with or without your Viking hat? Post photo please.)

2. After you have sliced the baby goat's throat and guzzled its blood, why not have a little barbeque? Save me a goat sandwich.

3. To hell with your longboats. If you're going to pick this forty year old housewife from Cleveland up for a date, how about a Lamborghini Diablo? Or a vintage XKE Jag? 1965 was a good year. A Ferrari Dino would also do nicely.

5:28 AM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

The viking kittens are awesome...on the sister blog to this one, I have a link to the Gay Bar "video" - I laugh every time I watch it.

5:43 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger crallspace provided this enlightening comment...

I hate the 2-party system as well, but we must focus on making the Republican party defunct first. In 08, we need to have a good dem, Green and Libertarian candidate. Hopefully every Republican is so ashamed of themselves that running for pres. will not be an option.

6:13 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

Sweet fuckin' christ, now I gotta "entertain" you! What the fuck?

I am so much better than you, Blah, Blah!!!

Eat my fuckin' shit stained thong, you fuckhead!

How's that for "passion"?

And thank you.

2:42 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger garrett provided this enlightening comment...

True libertarians (e.g., Murray Rothbard) find your suggestion of Viking aggression anathema to correct political change. Destruction of private property is the calling card of tyranny. (See, e.g., Abraham Lincoln, General Sherman, UNION Jacks generally, circa 1863-1865.)

Please henceforth refrain from combining your oddball blend of Crusades Unionism with the intellectually and morally pure libertarian ideal.

Or I will eviscerate you with logic.

8:55 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Any attempt to eviscerate me with logic will be responded to with a well placed battle axe to the forehead. Trim big government and protect state's rights or face my wrath.

11:01 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger crallspace provided this enlightening comment...

Update or face MY wrath.

12:31 PM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Holy Mother of Loki,

I posted this late Saturday afternoon...I was giving those folks that don't check their blogs until Monday an opportunity to read this rather lengthy blog entry. I would hate for anyone to miss these pearls of wisdom. I promise you that I will update tonight, Crall...from home so I don't have to feel guilty about not getting my work done during the day.

I must say that I was disappointed that ~Mike didn't respond. I hope he is ok.

1:27 PM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Since Canadian's know more about American politics than Canadian politics, and Americans seem to not know anything about Canadian politics, I will leave you with this:

The PC'S - Progressive Conservative's are too right winged and scary and ugly.

The Liberals occasionally have silly idea's and tend to embarrass anyone who leans to the left. If you look close enough, you'll notice Paul Martin randomly transforms into the leaning tower of pissa, tilting into a danger zone everytime he opens his foul scented mouth. His transformations are not random however, this act comes with an agenda. Yes, he does this to win the immigrant vote.

And the NDP - New Democratic Party, are just a stone throw away from communism.

2:10 PM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Canada has their own government? When did we let that happen??

3:07 PM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

Canada has a government, huh.

I hope that Red Green guy is the prez!

3:16 AM, November 08, 2005  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

Oh yeah, they talk funny too!

3:16 AM, November 08, 2005  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

I know, I know, our freedom and way of living is dictated by our geography.

Pinky,

Your comeback was by far the best from any American to a Canadian. My husband laughed so hard when I told him your response while driving home yesterday, he almost got in an accident. You get a thousand points for that one, my love.

7:49 AM, November 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. discount anti spam blocker review incredimail

4:03 AM, February 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Adware removal studies Pain relief rx ultram http://www.birth-control-pill-acne.info http://www.computer-memory-4.info Mail filter anti spam neck pain relief Catalytic converter volvo Anti spyware tool block pop up ad Keyword prozac soma boards qoclick camping cambrils 1978 cadillac eldorado biarritz Dishwasher hotpoint oring pump Yakmia car trunk bike rack Tires and wheels zone Cellular phone plans in houston kitchen islands Bowie stop smoking service gmc canada Recordings call center

4:09 PM, April 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home