Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Anticipation...

I have tickets for this on November 19...

Australian Pink Floyd

I hope they play the full 11 1/2 minutes of Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

I am so easily entertained...I have been to Wayne Newton, Meatloaf, Barry Manilow, Sedona's Jazz on the Rocks (great Jazz, by the way) and the McDowell Mountain Music Fest (sort of a variety of music including, on one occasion, Little Feat).

I regret never having seen:
The Doors
Guns N' Roses
Led Zepplin
The Eagles
The Who

The only act that you could NOT get me to attend would be Celine Dion. I would rather have my testicals ripped off in an industrial accident (safe bet since I work in a bank!!!).

Hey, Crall - have you ever been up to Dante's in Portland? A. They had one of the hottest bartenders ever there (Storm from Storm and the Balls - I am still in love) and B. They had Karaoke From Hell - Karaoke in front of a live band. I did not sing, but I did have a blast!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Destiny provided this enlightening comment...

I have seen Guns and Roses perform in the 80's at a small club like place as well as the eagles a few months ago!!!

1:21 PM, November 09, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Wayne Newton was an absolute hoot. He is Vegas. the first 15 minutes of the show he sang Suspicious Minds while working his way through the crowd, hugging and kissing every woman in the place. When he got to our table, my wife asked if we could take a picture (of my wife and Wayne together). His response.

"Abso-Lutely" in his cheesy Wayne Newton stage voice.

It was delightfully tacky.

1:38 PM, November 09, 2005  
Blogger Destiny provided this enlightening comment...

I saw Tom Jones in vegass

7:33 PM, November 09, 2005  
Blogger crallspace provided this enlightening comment...

Never been to Dante's. I haven't been to many bars in PDX.

9:07 PM, November 09, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

I got drunk there...cuz that's the way that I roll.

Gee, I miss Crusher.

10:14 PM, November 09, 2005  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

I have a horrible secret. I am gonna tell you guys....well because I think you'll understand.

I can not resist Barry Manilow's "Copa cabana". I will fuckin rock out to that song.

Eagles played up here (Omaha) last year. The Who was just here a couple of days ago. Bonnie Raitt played Monday night. Bon Jovi is playing on the 18th. Paul McCartney was just here. The Stones are coming in January, I think it's january.

Omaha is kinda rockin' lately.

2:49 AM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Rockin and Omaha are synonomous.

7:26 AM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Those who choose to mock you about your affinity for Mr. Manilow should take this challenge:

Go to a Barry Manilow concert and try to make it all the way through the concert without singing along to at least one song. I contend that it is impossible.

8:50 AM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Let me tell you about texas radio and the big beat...

1:36 PM, November 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Very nice site! »

11:17 PM, February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home