Friday, November 18, 2005

New Blog of Note


I violated one of my cardinal rules by adding Storm to my Blogs of Note. I generally do not condone nor do I read blogs containing poetry or song lyrics. Storm's blog, however, had something that gave her automatic admission into Blogs of Note...

Storm took a vacation for the primary purpose of "standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona." If I wasn't already married and if Storm wasn't already married (or so it seems based on her postings) and if I wasn't completely repugnant and lacking in social graces and if I had the ability to be sensitive and empathetic, I would marry her. We are clerly soul mates - except, of course, with respect to the poetry and song lyrics and the fact that she appears to have ordinary sensibilities. But other than those items, we are clearly soul mates.

In any event, she has very kindly indented the poetry and whatnot so you can scan your way down to the meat of the blog. By the way, we also very nearly share the same birthday. Maybe that whole astrological sign bullshit is why we have so much in common...well one thing anyway.

I once drove three+ hours from Phoenix for the sole purpose of standing on that same corner. My daughter went with me and took my picture there. Thank god my daughter got a few of my genes.

11 Comments:

Blogger crallspace provided this enlightening comment...

When I drove thru Winslow, I listened to that radio station that repeats the same 5 paragraphs of info on Winslow over and over... you know which one I mean?

Around that area, I was really enjoying the sight of all the trailers and shityards that surrounded them, off the roadside. I wonder what those people live like...what their days consist of.

11:10 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

I hear ya. There's nothing there. I can't imagine what the residents do for work. I really can't imagine what they do for entertainment.

I think it used to be more of a vibrant town before Interstate 40 went in.

It really is a hole. If I lived there, I would probably be drunk every day.

11:30 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger Erin O'Brien provided this enlightening comment...

In June of 1997, I drove from Cleveland, Ohio to Death Valley, California. When I arrived, I opened a virgin bottle of Wild Turkey and drank a swallow.

I poured the rest of it upon the dry desolate ground and left the empty bottle there to turn to sand. Clutching the foil I'd peeled from around the cork, I got back in the car and returned to Cleveland.

That's how I formally said goodbye to my brother.

5:38 AM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger Drea provided this enlightening comment...

Those flamingos are pretty.
Why dont you post more pictures of your fam. flamingo?

5:46 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 provided this enlightening comment...

Erin - when I go, I want someone like you to provide a eulogy like the one that you did for your brother. I think what you did was fitting and beautiful.

Drea - I have posted pictures of my family. Your job is to figure out who they are. Anonymity on the blog is one of the things that allows me to be expressive and free. I want to maintain that.

Nowheregirl - riding and jazz hands are a dangerous combination. Me and poetry are an even more dangerous combination. I'll stick to the showtunes.

10:59 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger crallspace provided this enlightening comment...

Looking back, I wish I had taken the anonimity path when creating the blog.

10:20 AM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

Were you such a fine sight to see? Was there a girl (my lord) in a flat bes ford, slowing down to take a look at.......you?

3:35 AM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger BadGod provided this enlightening comment...

I meant to say bed, bes.

Fuckin' idiot, I am!

3:36 AM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Hmm... So you are a Scorpio? I am a Taurus. If you are a Scorpio than that makes both of us 'fixed' signs; in other words, stubborn. Taurus and Scorpio face opposite eachother on the zodiac plate, however, they are very much alike. You know what they say about scorpios, aside from their big feet? Well, same goes for Taurus'. I am very upset that you do not consider me to be your sole soul mate, pinky. I really like you, yet you do not reciprocate. Why is that?

7:13 AM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger PDD provided this enlightening comment...

Crallspace, although I haven't read very much of 'Storms' stuff, I really love your comment regarding your accordian for background music. I'm still laughing.

7:14 AM, November 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous provided this enlightening comment...

Excellent, love it! » » »

1:50 PM, May 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home